Topic: Canonical Science Today, and the 2006 Annual Meeting of the AAAS
Replies: 45   Last Post: Feb 1, 2006 6:52 PM

Harry

Re: Canonical Science Today, and the 2006 Annual Meeting of the AAAS

"Bill Hobba" <rubbish@junk.com> wrote in message

> "Harry" <harald.vanlintel@epfl.ch> wrote in message

> > "Bill Hobba" <rubbish@junk.com> wrote in message

> >> "Juan R." <juanrgonzaleza@canonicalscience.com> wrote in message

the

special

> > experimental

> > modifications

dislike

> > That's disappointing -- I thought that Bill would not

are

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.physics.relativity/browse_frm/thread/100680531c9a121f/bbf0e6c12b8c22c3#bbf0e6c12b8c22c3

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.physics.relativity/msg/ac1323f8f0eed661

> >> As I said then:
> >> 'Your link states 'Special relativity was mainly an achievement of
> >> Lorentz
> >> and Poincaré. Their views were complemented by Einstein, Planck,

> > Minkowski,
> >> and some other authors.' Untrue. For example see page 168 of Pias -
> > Subtle
> >> is the Lord: 'It is evident that as late as 1909 Poicare did not know
> >> that
> >> the contraction of rods is a consequence of the two Einstein

Postulates.
> >> Poincare therefore did not understand one of the most basic traits of
> >> Special Relativity.' The rest of your rubbish if full of similar
> >> misconceptions and selective quotes deliberately designed to present

your
> >> spin rather than a balanced
> >> analysis of the evidence.'

> > That's nonsense and you know it: nature doesn't care about anyone's
> > postulates.

> I never claimed it did.
>

> > Also, I thought your mud throwing to be below your dignity. Too
> > bad.

> I thought misdirection was below yours.

You still didn't get the point then...

Date Subject Author
1/24/06
Read Canonical Science Today, and the 2006 Annual Meeting of the AAAS
Juan R.
1/24/06
Read Re: Canonical Science Today, and the 2006 Annual Meeting of the AAAS
Straydog
1/25/06
Read Re: Canonical Science Today, and the 2006 Annual Meeting of the AAAS
Harry
1/27/06
Read Re: Canonical Science Today, and the 2006 Annual Meeting of the AAAS
Juan R.
1/27/06
Read Re: Canonical Science Today, and the 2006 Annual Meeting of the AAAS
Dirk Van de moortel
1/28/06
Read Re: Canonical Science Today, and the 2006 Annual Meeting of the AAAS
Juan R.
1/28/06
Read Re: Canonical Science Today, and the 2006 Annual Meeting of the AAAS
Dirk Van de moortel
1/28/06
Read Re: Canonical Science Today, and the 2006 Annual Meeting of the AAAS
Juan R.
1/27/06
Read Re: Canonical Science Today, and the 2006 Annual Meeting of the AAAS
Old Pif
1/28/06
Read Re: Canonical Science Today, and the 2006 Annual Meeting of the AAAS
Juan R.
1/28/06
Read Re: Canonical Science Today, and the 2006 Annual Meeting of the AAAS
Old Pif
1/28/06
Read Re: Canonical Science Today, and the 2006 Annual Meeting of the AAAS
N:dlzc D:aol T:com \(dlzc\)
1/29/06
Read Re: Canonical Science Today, and the 2006 Annual Meeting of the AAAS
Juan R.
1/29/06
Read Re: Canonical Science Today, and the 2006 Annual Meeting of the AAAS
N:dlzc D:aol T:com \(dlzc\)
1/30/06
Read Re: Canonical Science Today, and the 2006 Annual Meeting of the AAAS
Juan R.
1/30/06
Read Re: Canonical Science Today, and the 2006 Annual Meeting of the AAAS
N:dlzc D:aol T:com \(dlzc\)
1/31/06
Read Re: Canonical Science Today, and the 2006 Annual Meeting of the AAAS
Juan R.
1/30/06
Read Re: Canonical Science Today, and the 2006 Annual Meeting of the AAAS
Juan R.
1/29/06
Read Re: Canonical Science Today, and the 2006 Annual Meeting of the AAAS
Juan R.
1/28/06
Read Re: Canonical Science Today, and the 2006 Annual Meeting of the AAAS
Bill Hobba
1/28/06
Read Re: Canonical Science Today, and the 2006 Annual Meeting of the AAAS
Old Pif
1/29/06
Read Re: Canonical Science Today, and the 2006 Annual Meeting of the AAAS
Juan R.
1/28/06
Read Re: Canonical Science Today, and the 2006 Annual Meeting of the AAAS
drocillo
1/29/06
Read Re: Canonical Science Today, and the 2006 Annual Meeting of the AAAS
Juan R.
1/29/06
Read Re: Canonical Science Today, and the 2006 Annual Meeting of the AAAS
Juan R.
1/29/06
Read Re: Canonical Science Today, and the 2006 Annual Meeting of the AAAS
Bill Hobba
1/30/06
Read Re: Canonical Science Today, and the 2006 Annual Meeting of the AAAS
Harry
1/30/06
Read Re: Canonical Science Today, and the 2006 Annual Meeting of the AAAS
Juan R.
1/31/06
Read Re: Canonical Science Today, and the 2006 Annual Meeting of the AAAS
Harry
2/1/06
[...]
Eric Gisse
1/29/06