Topic: Riemann mapping theorem
Replies: 3   Last Post: Mar 25, 2006 6:45 AM

Dr. Eric Wingler

Re: Riemann mapping theorem

"Lara" <the_brat_taz@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Show that for every conformal f: { z = x + iy , y >0} --->{ z = x + iy
> , y > 0}
> there exist a,b,c,d in R such that ad - bc = 1, f(z)= (az-b) / (cz-d)
>
> should we use Riemann mapping theorem ??

You shouldn't need anything as powerful as the Riemann mapping theorem.
Find two fractional linear transformations g and h such that go(foh) maps
the unit disc into the unit disc and such that g(f(h(0))) = 0.

Eric J. Wingler (wingler@math.ysu.edu)
Dept. of Mathematics and Statistics
Youngstown State University
One University Plaza