Topic: Triangular spiral
Replies: 12   Last Post: May 23, 2006 4:13 AM

Eric Bainville

Re: Triangular spiral

Using complex numbers, J = exp(2*I*Pi/3) corresponds to the
ratio between directions of consecutive sides of the equilateral
triangle, and K = (4/5)*J is the ratio between direction&length
of consecutive segments of the spiral.

The spiral end point is then:

z = 1 + K + K^2 + ... = 1 / (1 - K) = (35 + 10 * sqrt(3) * i) / 61

The distance is the norm of z: 5/sqrt(61) = 0.64018439966447986837

-- Eric