Topic: colorbar overlapping plot label
Replies: 3   Last Post: Jul 18, 2006 3:56 AM

Justin A

Re: colorbar overlapping plot label

daniel ennis wrote:

> While TMW does its best to choose a good location for the colorbar,
> it isn't always perfect. The best solution is to use "handles".
> Example,
>
> figure;
> sphere;
> c=colorbar;
>
> set(c,'Position',[0.25 0.25 0.5 0.5]);
>
> % UGH that looks awful!!!
>
> set(gca,'position',[0.05 0.05 0.75 0.9]);
> set(c,'position',[0.84 0.05 0.1 0.9]);
>
> % Phew. Much better.
>
> Note, you can also change things like font name, size, color, etc.
>
> Try, help on get and set for more info.

Thanks for the info Daniel. I am familiar with setting the positions
of the axes but was hoping to avoid doing that everytime for each
figure. I know that matlab tries to auto-adjust automatically and was
hoping that perhaps someone had a bug fix. I don't recall having this
happen for simple figures in the previous versions. I might be wrong
though.
Thanks for the help,
-CW