Topic: Jack Sarfatti bio
Replies: 260   Last Post: May 23, 2007 4:15 PM

John Baez

Re: Jack Sarfatti bio

In article <20485208.1178245505774.JavaMail.jakarta@nitrogen.mathforum.org>,
Jack Sarfatti <sarfatti@pacbell.net> wrote:

>Red Herring is posting a pack of lies about me. Not a word of it is
>true. You cannot believe every rumor, every piece of misinformation and
>disinformation posted by malicious people hiding behind false IDs that
>you see on the Web. For example, the story about me and Murray Gell-Mann
>is a complete fabrication by John Baez for some reason I cannot fathom.
>What John Baez did was to take a story told to me by a physicist Ed
>Siegel about him and Gell-Mann in the elevator. Baez, whether by
>confusion or intent I don't know, substituted my name for Ed Siegel's.
>He has still not corrected this error and that really is not conduct
>becoming for a professor at the University of California. Curiously
>enough, I received my PhD in physics under Fred W. Cummings in August
>1969 from the same university campus where John Baez teaches in the math
>department.

Yeah - and it's Fred who told me that story, attributing it to Gell-Mann.

So, either the story is true, or Fred or Gell-Mann misremembered
the details, or one of them was having some fun at your expense.

But feel free to claim I made it up; doesn't matter to me.

Date Subject Author
9/26/06
Read Jack Sarfatti bio
Jack Sarfatti
9/27/06
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
Richard Herring
9/27/06
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
Habib Salappa
5/3/07
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
Jack Sarfatti
9/27/06
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
Dave L. Renfro
5/3/07
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
Jack Sarfatti
5/3/07
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
markwh04@yahoo.com
5/4/07
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
Jack Sarfatti
5/14/07
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
markwh04@yahoo.com
5/15/07
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
Jack Sarfatti
5/15/07
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
galathaea
5/15/07
Read Galathea conversation on emergent gravity
Jack Sarfatti
5/15/07
Read Typo correction on US Intelligence Community MASINT "Weird Desk"
Jack Sarfatti
5/16/07
Read Re: Galathea conversation on emergent gravity
Jack Sarfatti
5/16/07
Read How to calculate the dark matter zero point forces in quarks to galaxies
Jack Sarfatti
5/17/07
Read jack sarfatti, bio
galathaea
5/17/07
Read Galathea's Manifesto
Jack Sarfatti
5/18/07
Read Re: Galathea's Manifesto
galathaea
5/18/07
Read Re: Galathea's Manifesto
Jack Sarfatti
5/18/07
Read My truly original discovery
Jack Sarfatti
5/18/07
Read Re: jack sarfatti, bio
jcon
5/18/07
Read Re: jack sarfatti, bio
Jack Sarfatti
5/19/07
Read Re: jack sarfatti, bio
jcon
5/19/07
Read JC's inability to think clearly & his criminal internet activity
Jack Sarfatti
5/22/07
Read Re: JC's inability to think clearly & his criminal internet activity
Rotwang
5/20/07
Read Re: jack sarfatti, bio
Larry Hammick
5/20/07
Read Re: jack sarfatti, bio
Jesse F. Hughes
5/22/07
Read Re: jack sarfatti, bio
galathaea
5/22/07
Read Hero in trouble?
Jack Sarfatti
5/22/07
Read Re: Hero in trouble?
Jack Sarfatti
5/22/07
Read Re: Hero in trouble?
Jack Sarfatti
5/22/07
Read Re: Hero in trouble?
Jack Sarfatti
5/22/07
Read Re: Hero in trouble?
Jack Sarfatti
5/22/07
Read Re: Hero in trouble?
Jack Sarfatti
5/22/07
Read Heroes in trouble
Jack Sarfatti
5/22/07
Read Wither Post-Quantum Theory?
Jack Sarfatti
5/22/07
Read Re: Whither Post-Quantum Theory?
Jack Sarfatti
5/23/07
Read Hermann Weyl's great paper of 1929
Jack Sarfatti
5/22/07
Read Re: Heroes in trouble
OwlHoot
5/23/07
Read Soul Mates in Hell
Jack Sarfatti
5/23/07
Read New movie with Jack Sarfatti and Uri Geller
Jack Sarfatti
5/23/07
Read Voyage to a Cosmic Brain
Jack Sarfatti
5/22/07
Read Re: jack sarfatti, bio Sharon Weinberger Defense Analyst
Jack Sarfatti
5/4/07
Read Sardanishvili's work
Jack Sarfatti
9/27/06
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
ZZBunker
5/3/07
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
Jack Sarfatti
5/3/07
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
Jack Sarfatti
5/4/07
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
galathaea
5/11/07
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
John Baez
5/11/07
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
MTBrenneman@gmail.com
5/11/07
Read Phony Gell-Mann Story
Jack Sarfatti
5/11/07
Read Letter to Murray Gell-Mann, Physics Today, New York Times et-al
Jack Sarfatti
5/11/07
Read Re: Phony Gell-Mann Story
Jack Sarfatti
5/11/07
Read Message from Kyoto Poet
Jack Sarfatti
5/12/07
Read Re: Phony Gell-Mann Story
MTBrenneman@gmail.com
5/12/07
Read Re: Phony Gell-Mann Story
Jack Sarfatti
5/12/07
Read Re: Typo correction to last message on Phony Gell-Mann Story
Jack Sarfatti
5/12/07
Read Re: Phony Gell-Mann Story
Jack Sarfatti
5/12/07
Read Aspersions on Gell-Mann's character by MT Brenneman
Jack Sarfatti
5/12/07
Read Re: Aspersions on Gell-Mann's character by MT Brenneman
MTBrenneman@gmail.com
5/12/07
Read Re: Aspersions on Gell-Mann's character by MT Brenneman
MTBrenneman@gmail.com
9/27/06
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
Ioannis
9/27/06
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
Porky Pig Jr
9/28/06
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
Ioannis
9/28/06
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
Habib Salappa
9/28/06
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
Ioannis
5/3/07
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
Jack Sarfatti
5/3/07
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
Jack Sarfatti
5/3/07
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
Jack Sarfatti
9/28/06
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
jcon
9/28/06
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
Habib Salappa
5/9/07
Read Habib Salappa's lies about me
Jack Sarfatti
5/10/07
Read Re: Habib Salappa's lies about me
Gib Bogle
5/10/07
Read Gib Bogle another vicious Troll
Jack Sarfatti
5/10/07
Read Re: Gib Bogle another vicious Troll
Gib Bogle
5/10/07
Read Re: Gib Bogle another vicious Troll
Jack Sarfatti
5/10/07
Read Fake UFO Photos on Coast to Coast Talk Radio
Jack Sarfatti
5/10/07
Read Re: Fake UFO Photos on Coast to Coast Talk Radio
Jack Sarfatti
5/10/07
Read Re: Fake UFO Photos on Coast to Coast Talk Radio
Jack Sarfatti
5/10/07
Read Re: Fake UFO Photos on Coast to Coast Talk Radio
Gib Bogle
5/10/07
Read Re: Fake UFO Photos on Coast to Coast Talk Radio
drtek
5/10/07
Read Queen
Jack Sarfatti
5/10/07
Read Re: Fake UFO Photos on Coast to Coast Talk Radio
Larry Hammick
5/10/07
Read To Larry Gimmick
Jack Sarfatti
5/4/07
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
andrew beckwith
5/4/07
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
Helpful
5/4/07
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
galathaea
5/4/07
Read Gerald t' Hooft
Jack Sarfatti
5/4/07
Read Re: Gerald t' Hooft
Lee Rudolph
5/4/07
Read Why I seldom reply to Sci Math
Jack Sarfatti
5/4/07
Read Re: Why I seldom reply to Sci Math
mensanator
5/4/07
Read Re: Why I seldom reply to Sci Math
Jack Sarfatti
5/4/07
Read Re: Why I seldom reply to Sci Math
mensanator
5/4/07
Read Re: Why I seldom reply to Sci Math
Jack Sarfatti
5/5/07
Read Re: Why I seldom reply to Sci Math
mensanator
5/5/07
Read Re: Why I seldom reply to Sci Math
Jack Sarfatti
5/5/07
Read Re: Why I seldom reply to Sci Math
mensanator
5/5/07
Read A Harried Potter
Jack Sarfatti
5/5/07
Read Re: A Harried Potter
mensanator
5/5/07
Read Re: A Harried Potter
Jack Sarfatti
5/7/07
Read Re: A Harried Potter
mensanator
5/7/07
Read Re: A Harried Potter
Jack Sarfatti
5/7/07
Read Re: A Harried Potter
mensanator
5/7/07
Read Re: A Harried Potter
Jack Sarfatti
5/7/07
Read Re: A Harried Potter
mensanator
5/7/07
Read Re: A Harried Potter
galathaea
5/7/07
Read Re: A Harried Potter
mensanator
5/7/07
Read Re: A Harried Potter
galathaea
5/7/07
Read Re: A Harried Potter
mensanator
5/7/07
Read Ignore the Talentless Trolls
Jack Sarfatti
5/8/07
Read Re: Ignore the Talentless Trolls
mensanator
5/7/07
Read Re: A Harried Potter
Jack Sarfatti
5/7/07
Read Dare to imagine outside the box
Jack Sarfatti
5/8/07
Read Re: Dare to imagine outside the box
Jack Sarfatti
5/8/07
Read Re: Dare to imagine outside the box
\ Stop the Pledge of Allegiance\
5/8/07
Read Re: A Harried Potter
mensanator
5/8/07
Read What's this?
Jack Sarfatti
5/8/07
Read Re: What's this?
Rotwang
5/8/07
Read Re: What's this?
quasi
5/8/07
Read Re: What's this?
Rotwang
5/8/07
Read Re: What's this?
quasi
5/9/07
Read Re: What's this? Yeah it's a fake.
Jack Sarfatti
5/9/07
Read Curious relations between fundamental constants, dark energy, nuclear data
Jack Sarfatti
5/23/07
Read Re: What's this?
quasi
5/23/07
Read Re: What's this?
quasi
5/10/07
Read Re: A Harried Potter
OwlHoot
5/11/07
Read Aliens Among Us
Jack Sarfatti
5/11/07
Read Ramsden's false premises on ETs
Jack Sarfatti
5/11/07
Read Fact and Fiction on Nazi Weapons WWII
Jack Sarfatti
5/12/07
Read Life in the fast lane. [was: A Harried Potter]
Michael Press
5/5/07
Read Re: Gerald t' Hooft
Gib Bogle
5/5/07
Read Re: Gerald t' Hooft
T.H. Ray
5/5/07
Read Re: Gerald t' Hooft
Jack Sarfatti
5/5/07
Read Re: Gerald t' Hooft
T.H. Ray
5/5/07
Read Re: Gerald t' Hooft
Phil Carmody
5/5/07
Read Re: G t' Hooft
Jack Sarfatti
5/5/07
Read Re: Gerald t' Hooft
T.H. Ray
5/5/07
Read Trite Obsessions with Trolls and Loons
Jack Sarfatti
5/5/07
Read Re: Gerald t' Hooft
quasi
5/5/07
Read Re: Gerald t' Hooft
Jack Sarfatti
5/5/07
Read Re: Gerald t' Hooft
Jack Sarfatti
5/5/07
Read Re: Gerald t' Hooft
galathaea
5/6/07
Read Re: Gerald t' Hooft
Jack Sarfatti
5/6/07
Read Re: Gerald t' Hooft
David Bernier
5/6/07
Read Re: Gerald t' Hooft
Jack Sarfatti
5/5/07
Read Re: Gerald t' Hooft
Rotwang
5/5/07
Read Re: Gerald t' Hooft
Jack Sarfatti
5/5/07
Read Re: G. t' Hooft
Jack Sarfatti
5/7/07
Read Re: Gerald t' Hooft
Rotwang
5/5/07
Read Basic Questions
Jack Sarfatti
5/6/07
Read Re: Basic Questions
Jack Sarfatti
5/6/07
Read Re: Gerald t' Hooft
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
5/6/07
Read More inanities from morons
Jack Sarfatti
5/6/07
Read Re: More inanities from morons
Jack Sarfatti
5/6/07
Read Re: More inanities from morons
Jack Sarfatti
5/6/07
Read Retro-causal signal nonlocality
Jack Sarfatti
5/7/07
Read Re: Retro-causal signal nonlocality
Gib Bogle
5/7/07
Read Time Machine for Trolls
Jack Sarfatti
5/8/07
Read Re: Time Machine for Trolls
The Ghost In The Machine
5/6/07
Read Shmuel Shmutz
Jack Sarfatti
5/6/07
Read Re: Shmuel Shmutz
Jack Sarfatti
5/11/07
Read Re: Gerald t' Hooft
OwlHoot
5/11/07
Read Troll Turing Test
Jack Sarfatti
5/11/07
Read Re: Troll Turing Test
mensanator
5/11/07
Read Re: Gerald t' Hooft
quasi
5/11/07
Read Re: Gerald t' Hooft
T.H. Ray
5/12/07
Read characters live long and many lives here
galathaea
5/6/07
Read Re: Gerald t' Hooft
Gib Bogle
5/6/07
Read Out of the mouths of idiots
Jack Sarfatti
5/6/07
Read Re: Out of the mouths of idiots
OwlHoot
5/6/07
Read Geradus t'Hooft
Jack Sarfatti
5/6/07
Read Error in t'Hooft's Nobel Lecture?
Jack Sarfatti
5/6/07
Read Quark force and NASA Pioneer Anomaly Analogy
Jack Sarfatti
5/10/07
Read Re: Error in t'Hooft's Nobel Lecture?
OwlHoot
5/10/07
Read Re: t'Hooft's Nobel Lecture & Lubos Motl
Jack Sarfatti
5/10/07
Read Lubos Motl on leaving Harvard
Jack Sarfatti
5/10/07
Read John Baez's false Murray Gell-Mann story
Jack Sarfatti
5/10/07
Read Re: Lubos Motl
Jack Sarfatti
5/11/07
Read Re: Error in t'Hooft's Nobel Lecture?
OwlHoot
5/7/07
Read Re: Out of the mouths of idiots
Doug Schwarz
5/4/07
Read Re: Gerald t' Hooft
galathaea
5/4/07
Read Re: Gerald t' Hooft
Jack Sarfatti
5/4/07
Read On "dreamin"
Jack Sarfatti
5/5/07
Read Re: On "dreamin"
galathaea
5/5/07
Read Re: On "dreamin"
Jack Sarfatti
5/4/07
Read Re: Gerald t' Hooft
Jack Sarfatti
5/4/07
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
Jack Sarfatti
5/4/07
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
Rotwang
5/4/07
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
Jack Sarfatti
5/4/07
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
Rotwang
5/4/07
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
Jack Sarfatti
5/4/07
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
Rotwang
5/4/07
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
Rotwang
5/4/07
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
Jack Sarfatti
5/4/07
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
Jack Sarfatti
5/4/07
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
Rotwang
5/5/07
Read t'Hooft and my work
Jack Sarfatti
5/4/07
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
andrew beckwith
5/4/07
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
Jack Sarfatti
5/4/07
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
Rotwang
5/5/07
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
mensanator
5/5/07
Read JHS issue
Jack Sarfatti
5/5/07
Read Re: JHS issue
mensanator
5/5/07
Read Re: JHS issue
Jack Sarfatti
5/5/07
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
Gib Bogle
5/5/07
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
andrew beckwith
5/5/07
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
andrew beckwith
5/5/07
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
Brian Quincy Hutchings
5/5/07
Read Brian Quincy Hutchings
Jack Sarfatti
5/7/07
Read Re: Brian Quincy Hutchings
Brian Quincy Hutchings
5/7/07
Read Strange Loop
Jack Sarfatti
5/5/07
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
andrew beckwith
5/7/07
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
Brian Quincy Hutchings
5/7/07
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
mensanator
5/7/07
Read Re: Jack Sarfatti bio
Rotwang
5/13/07
Read Matt Brenneman's irrelevant commentary on John Baez's phony Gell-Mann story
Jack Sarfatti
5/13/07
Read Re: Matt Brenneman's Fallacy
Jack Sarfatti
5/14/07
Read movin' on (to new ontologies)
galathaea
5/14/07
Read John Baez's Arrogance of Failure: Loops, Strings & Things
Jack Sarfatti
5/14/07
Read John Baez's "Arrogance of Failure"
Jack Sarfatti
5/15/07
Read Re: movin' on (to new ontologies)
Keith Ramsay
5/13/07
Read Re: Matt Brenneman's irrelevant commentary on John Baez's phony Gell-Mann story
Larry Hammick
5/13/07
Read Re: Larry Hammick
Jack Sarfatti
5/13/07
Read Alien ET Engineering
Jack Sarfatti
5/13/07
Read Re: Larry Hammick
Larry Hammick
5/13/07
Read Re: Larry Hammick
Larry Hammick
5/14/07
Read Re: Larry Gimmick
Jack Sarfatti
5/14/07
Read Re: Larry Hammick
Gib Bogle
5/14/07
Read Re: Larry Gimmick
Jack Sarfatti
5/14/07
Read Re: Larry Gimmick
Gib Bogle
5/15/07
Read Re: Larry Gimmick Poseur
Jack Sarfatti
5/14/07
Read Re: Larry Gimmick
Larry Hammick
5/15/07
Read Re: Larry Gimmick
Jack Sarfatti
5/15/07
Read Military intelligence (was Re: Larry Gimmick)
Richard Herring
5/15/07
Read Red Herring's remark on Military intelligence
Jack Sarfatti
5/16/07
Read Re: Red Herring's remark on Military intelligence
Richard Herring
5/16/07
Read Re: Red Herring's remark on Military intelligence
Jack Sarfatti
5/16/07
Read Re: Red Herring's remark on Military intelligence
Larry Hammick
5/17/07
Read Re: Red Herring's remark on Military intelligence
Richard Herring
5/17/07
Read Re: Red Herring's remark on Military intelligence
Jack Sarfatti
5/15/07
Read Re: Larry Hammick
Michael Press
5/15/07
Read Re: Larry Hammick
Jack Sarfatti
5/18/07
Read Quo Vadis?
Michael Press
5/18/07
Read Re: Quo Vadis?
Jack Sarfatti
5/20/07
Read Re: Quo Vadis?
Michael Press
5/20/07
Read Re: Quo Vadis?
Jack Sarfatti
5/21/07
Read Re: Quo Vadis?
Michael Press
5/22/07
Read Re: Quo Vadis?
Jack Sarfatti
5/22/07
Read Michael Press Crackpot
Jack Sarfatti
5/22/07
Read Re: Quo Vadis?
Michael Press
5/22/07
Read Re: Quo Vadis?
Jack Sarfatti
5/22/07
Read Re: Quo Vadis?
Michael Press
5/15/07
Read Jack the handicapper.
Michael Press
5/13/07
Read Zero Point Energy Induced Gravity & QCD Quark Force
Jack Sarfatti
5/13/07
Read Re: Zero Point Energy Induced Gravity & QCD Quark Force
Jack Sarfatti
5/13/07
Read Re: Zero Point Energy Induced Gravity & QCD Quark Force
Jack Sarfatti
5/13/07
Read Re: Zero Point Energy Induced Gravity & QCD Quark Force
Jack Sarfatti
5/13/07
Read Flat stellar rotation curves - correction
Jack Sarfatti
5/14/07
Read Re: Zero Point Energy Induced Gravity & QCD Quark Force
Jack Sarfatti
5/14/07
Read Error correction on ZPF dark matter modeling o flat stellar rotation curves
Jack Sarfatti
5/16/07