Topic: warning message ID
Replies: 12   Last Post: Aug 12, 2014 2:17 PM

Steven Lord

Re: warning message ID

"Eric " <eric.kern13@gmail.com> wrote in message
> "Bobby Cheng" <bcheng@mathworks.com> wrote in message
> <epauj0$e9q$1@fred.mathworks.com>...

>> Have you try "warning on verbose"?
>> ---Bob.

> I tried that. In my case, it doesn't provide the portion of the output
> that tells you how to turn off the warning. In fact, it doesn't seem to do
> anything at all...

That's funny, it did when I tried it in release R2014a.

>> warning on verbose
>> [1 1; 1 1]\[2; 3]

Warning: Matrix is singular to working precision.
(Type "warning off MATLAB:singularMatrix" to suppress this warning.)

ans =

-Inf
Inf

Eric, what release are you using and what does it show when you execute
those same two lines I did?

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com