The Math Forum

Topic: More from MITEy Mouse (roar!)
Replies: 1   Last Post: Nov 27, 2006 12:53 PM

Kirby Urner

More from MITEy Mouse (roar!)

Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 02:07:22 -0000
From: "Alan Michelson" <amichelson2002@...>
Subject: Re: More about MITEs

Spoken like a true Frank Zubek
<> !

Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 02:58:55 -0000
From: "Kirby Urner" <kirby.urner@...>

Re: More about MITEs

--- In, "Alan Michelson" <amichelson2002@...>
> Spoken like a true Frank Zubek
> <> !

Yah. He shipped me his heavy cube (like $30 UPS at least) and I videoed myself playing with it, talking about it, shipped it back with the tape.

Then on GEODESIC he made it be like "me right, Fuller wrong" as if the only way he could make a splash was at Fuller's expense. I don't understand the either/or logic in that, but chose to cut ties.

MITEs are so simple and basic. Simplest spacefiller, in the sense of tetrahedral. Nicely named, fracture into As and Bs. All very intelligently designed by a well respected engineer philosopher. So do we give kids a clue? Nah, that'd make too much sense.

It's become a joke over on math-teach. I mention A & B modules at every opportunity while the math teachers go "huh?" -- over and over, like a broken record. Even *they* think it's funny. But it's not.