Topic: Re: Which constructions to include?
Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
Rich Kleinschmidt

Re: Which constructions to include?

Hi John,
I just started poking around. These look good and I may refer them to my students. One early quibble:

The incircle construction says:
"Place the compass at the incenter and adjust the radius to touch the circle."

I think if you are doing a classical construction, you need to construct the perpendicular first - since setting the compass to just touch the side is not a defined point. (It sure is tempting though.)

Rich Kleinschmidt

From: John Page <jpage@mathopenref.com>

------- End of Forwarded Message