The Math Forum

Topic: Re: Ancient Chinese
Replies: 1   Last Post: Apr 1, 2007 8:14 PM

Kutler, Samuel

Re: Title of Euclid's ELEMENTS

I have the Teubner volume in front of me entitled, in Latin:

EVCLIDIS

ELEMENTA

VOL. I

LIBRI I-IV

Thus we have the first four books of Euclid's ELEMENTS
with the Latin title ELEMENTA, but nowhere, although it might be there,
can I find the Greek title, and what I want to know is

Do the manuscripts, or at least some of them, bear the title stoixeia?