Topic: Matlab 6.5 (R13) on Linux 64?
Replies: 2   Last Post: Apr 26, 2007 3:38 PM

David B. Chorlian

Re: Matlab 6.5 (R13) on Linux 64?

In <1LSdnSkGV7QZ7LLbnZ2dnUVZ_tijnZ2d@insightbb.com> "Pat Kelecy" <pkelecy@REMOVETHISinsightbb.com> writes:

>I am planning to install Linux (probably openSUSE 10.2 64-bit) on dual
>Opteron workstation for running some FEA codes. I have a license for Matlab
>6.5 (R13) and was wondering of the Linux version of this would run on the
>same platform? I have a number of Matlab programs for post-processing the
>FEA data, and it would be convenient to have it available also.

>I'm guessing not, since this is essentially asking a 64-bit OS run a 32-bit
>application, but thought I'd ask anyway.

There should not be any problem in running a 32-bit application on a
64-bit OS except for lacking the appropriate libraries, which you
should have no problem in downloading. Once you have Linux installed
load the Matlab 6.5 files and run ldd on the executable. If the missing
libraries are not in the Matlab directories, make note of them, and
then look for them using SUSE archives. Most Linux 64-bit distributions
install 32-bit compatability libraries, but finding an old version the
Matlab binary expects may be needed.

--
David B. Chorlian
Neurodynamics Lab SUNY/HSCB