Topic: This Week's Finds in Mathematical Physics (Week 250)
Replies: 38   Last Post: May 14, 2007 4:02 PM

John Baez

Re: This Week's Finds in Mathematical Physics (Week 250)

In article <1177636411.410765.170980@c18g2000prb.googlegroups.com>,
galathaea <galathaea@gmail.com> wrote:

>there is one word i have been waiting for you to mention for years
>
>you are so close
> and you still keep avoiding it
>that i can no longer wait silently:
>
> QUANTALOID

Yeah, yeah, quantaloids.

>you
> who have so fervently fueled the anticranks
> have slipped more and more
> after years of your own abuse on others pursuing such
>towards these same studies
>
>do you find anything dishonest about such?

No, I study whatever I'm interested in, and I change directions
as I see fit.

When I was younger I may have been rude to you, or someone
you know - is that why you're so grumpy now? If so, I apologize.
I've learned to be more polite, which at times

>you mention bub
> a great philosopher, physicist, and mathematician
>
>did you mention your distaste for bohmian mechanics
> to he who has contributed so much to its study?

No, but the interesting thing is he gave a talk criticizing
Bohmian mechanics and the Everett interpretation as "Lorentzian"
interpretations of quantum mechanics, referring to how Lorentz
almost got the idea of relativity but posited an awkward "mechanism"
for how it was supposed to work, leaving the final steps of the
revolution for Einstein.

So, he's no Bohmian now. He too seems to feel free to change his views.

>the point of course is
>at some point
> as you get closer and closer to positions
> that you have shown disdain for in the past
>
>there comes a time when you should publicly apologise
>and admit that they are valid lines of research
> (which you might take up yourself now, it appears)

Okay: I publicly apologize for every mistake I ever made - but none
of the things that weren't mistakes that someone else may think are.

Date Subject Author
4/26/07
Read This Week's Finds in Mathematical Physics (Week 250)
baez@math.removethis.ucr.andthis.edu
4/26/07
Read Re: This Week's Finds in Mathematical Physics (Week 250)
Douglas Eagleson
4/26/07
Read John Baez Is Stupid as Fuck! ahahahaha... Re: This Week's Irrelevant Crap...
Traveler
4/26/07
Read Re: John Baez Is Stupid as Fuck! ahahahaha... Re: This Week's Irrelevant Crap...
Bill Hobba
4/26/07
Read Re: John Baez Is Stupid as Fuck! ahahahaha... Re: This Week's Irrelevant Crap...
Traveler
4/27/07
Read Re: John Baez Is Stupid as Fuck! ahahahaha... Re: This Week's Irrelevant Crap...
Gordon
4/27/07
Read Re: John Baez Is Stupid as Fuck! ahahahaha... Re: This Week's Irrelevant Crap...
Traveler
4/26/07
Read Re: John Baez Is Stupid as Fuck! ahahahaha... Re: This Week's Irrelevant Crap...
Eric Gisse
4/26/07
Read Re: John Baez Is Stupid as Fuck! ahahahaha... Re: This Week's Irrelevant Crap...
Traveler
4/27/07
Read Re: John Baez Is Stupid as Fuck! ahahahaha... Re: This Week's Irrelevant Crap...
Eric Gisse
4/27/07
Read Re: John Baez Is Stupid as Fuck! ahahahaha... Re: This Week's Irrelevant Crap...
Traveler
4/27/07
Read Re: John Baez Is Stupid as Fuck! ahahahaha... Re: This Week's Irrelevant Crap...
Eric Gisse
4/27/07
Read Re: John Baez Is Stupid as Fuck! ahahahaha... Re: This Week's Irrelevant Crap...
PD
4/27/07
Read Re: John Baez Is Stupid as Fuck! ahahahaha... Re: This Week's Irrelevant Crap...
Traveler
5/3/07
Read Re: John Baez Is Stupid as Fuck! ahahahaha... Re: This Week's Irrelevant Crap...
markwh04@yahoo.com
5/3/07
Read Re: John Baez Is Stupid as Fuck! ahahahaha... Re: This Week's Irrelevant Crap...
hanson
5/4/07
Read Re: John Baez Is Stupid as Fuck! ahahahaha... Re: This Week's Irrelevant Crap...
Traveler
5/3/07
Read Re: John Baez Is Stupid as Fuck! ahahahaha... Re: This Week's Irrelevant Crap...
schoenfeld.one@gmail.com
4/27/07
Read Re: John Baez Is Stupid as Fuck! ahahahaha... Re: This Week's Irrelevant Crap...
PD
4/27/07
Read Re: John Baez Is Stupid as Fuck! ahahahaha... Re: This Week's Irrelevant Crap...
PD
5/1/07
Read Re: John Baez Is Stupid as Fuck! ahahahaha... Re: This Week's Irrelevant
Crap...
Hayek
5/1/07
Read Re: John Baez Is Stupid as Fuck! ahahahaha... Re: This Week's Irrelevant Crap...
Eric Gisse
5/1/07
Read Re: John Baez Is Stupid as Fuck! ahahahaha... Re: This Week's Irrelevant Crap...
Traveler
5/1/07
Read Re: John Baez Is Stupid as Fuck! ahahahaha... Re: This Week's Irrelevant Crap...
Phineas T Puddleduck
5/1/07
Read Re: John Baez Is Stupid as Fuck! ahahahaha... Re: This Week's Irrelevant Crap...
Eric Gisse
5/1/07
Read Re: John Baez Is Stupid as Fuck! ahahahaha... Re: This Week's Irrelevant Crap...
mosassam
5/2/07
Read Re: John Baez Is Stupid as Fuck! ahahahaha... Re: This Week's Irrelevant Crap...
The Ghost In The Machine
5/7/07
Read Re: John Baez Is Stupid as Fuck! ahahahaha... Re: This Week's Irrelevant Crap...
mosassam
4/26/07
Read Re: John Baez Is Stupid as Fuck! ahahahaha... Re: This Week's
Irrelevant Crap...
Uncle Al
4/27/07
Read Re: John Baez Is Stupid as Fuck! ahahahaha... Re: This Week's Irrelevant Crap...
Androcles
5/14/07
Read Re: John Baez Is Stupid as Fuck! ahahahaha... Re: This Week's Irrelevant Crap...
The_Man
4/27/07
Read Re: John Baez Is Stupid as Fuck! ahahahaha... Re: This Week's Irrelevant Crap...
Traveler
4/27/07
Read Re: John Baez Is Stupid as Fuck! ahahahaha... Re: This Week's Irrelevant Crap...
harry
4/26/07
Read Re: This Week's Finds in Mathematical Physics (Week 250)
galathaea
5/11/07
Read Re: This Week's Finds in Mathematical Physics (Week 250)
John Baez
5/11/07
Read Re: This Week's Finds in Mathematical Physics (Week 250)
Ben newsam
5/11/07
Read Re: This Week's Finds in Mathematical Physics (Week 250)
Lee Rudolph
5/14/07
Read acceptance and sovereignty
galathaea