Topic: Ellipse Detection with matlab function
Replies: 25   Last Post: Sep 4, 2013 7:35 PM

EoD

Re: Ellipse Detection with matlab function

On 15 Giu, 16:32, "Peter Bone" <peterb...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Thank's a lot Pete,
> > well my project is to make facedetectionfrom images,
> > I can suppose that the face orientation is fixed, I suppose
> > that the axes which describe the vertical semimajor axe is longer
> > than
> > horizontal axe.
> > I'm tryin to modify that implementation of Hough Transform

> > <http://basic-eng.blogspot.com/2006/01/hough-transform-for-circle-dete...>
>
> > but i can't understand how modify it.
> > I understand that i fix for any iteration any radius value and
> > horizontal axe.

> > If you have some code example or pseudo-code algorithm and you can
> > send me it
> > i'm really glad to You.

> > Excuse for my english.
>
> > Thank you
> > EoD

> Here's my code for circledetection
> <http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/loadFile.do?objec...>
>
> It's quite complex but highly optimized. You may be better off using
> one of the simpler but slower implementations in order to convert it
> forellipsedetection.
> The basic idea is to draw a circle/ellipsearound each edge point in
> a voting space. So you just need to use the equation of anellipse
> instead of the equation of a circle. I guess the eccentricities will
> change slightly so you'll have to repeat yourdetectionover a range
> of different eccentricities and sizes. I don't have any code for
> this.
> Is a face really close enough to anellipseto be detected? What
> about hair, etc?
>
> Pete

Hi all i've released one algorithm for ellipse detection this is not
optimized,
anyone want to take a look of my code to give me some advice to
optimize my code?

Thanks all for your supports and helpful advices :D
IG

Date Subject Author
6/15/07
Read Ellipse Detection with matlab function
EoD
6/15/07
Read Re: Ellipse Detection with matlab function
Peter Bone
6/15/07
Read Re: Ellipse Detection with matlab function
EoD
6/15/07
Read Re: Ellipse Detection with matlab function
Dave Robinson
6/15/07
Read Re: Ellipse Detection with matlab function
Peter Bone
6/19/07
Read Re: Ellipse Detection with matlab function
EoD
8/20/07
Read Re: Ellipse Detection with matlab function
Marcelo Flores
7/31/08
Read Re: Ellipse Detection with matlab function
Allegra
2/3/09
Read Re: Ellipse Detection with matlab function
Guest
2/15/09
Read Re: Ellipse Detection with matlab function
sMiL E
3/23/09
Read Re: Ellipse Detection with matlab function
kajal
4/7/09
Read Re: Ellipse Detection with matlab function
Idillus
11/4/09
Read Re: Ellipse Detection with matlab function
Ricardo Grana
11/6/09
Read Re: Ellipse Detection with matlab function
Ali Gurbuz
12/23/09
Read Re: Ellipse Detection with matlab function
Brian Millikan
2/2/10
Read Re: Ellipse Detection with matlab function
Carlos
5/23/10
Read Re: Ellipse Detection with matlab function
?ukasz Nalewajko
2/15/09
Read Re: Ellipse Detection with matlab function
Dave Rolkosky
11/24/09
Read Re: Ellipse Detection with matlab function
Msizi Khoza
6/23/10
Read Re: Ellipse Detection with matlab function
John
7/22/10
Read Re: Ellipse Detection with matlab function
Will Stott
11/10/10
Read Re: Ellipse Detection with matlab function
George
11/10/10
Read Re: Ellipse Detection with matlab function
ImageAnalyst
1/11/12
Read Re: Ellipse Detection with matlab function
Max
9/4/13
Read Re: Ellipse Detection with matlab function
apmyst@gmail.com
10/17/12
Read Re: Ellipse Detection with matlab function
Andri Pranata