Topic: Voronoi Regions from Fortune's algorithm
Replies: 1   Last Post: Jul 27, 2007 1:10 PM

Ulrich Kortenkamp

Re: Voronoi Regions from Fortune's algorithm

> Hey all,
> So I've seen Steven Fortune's algorithm for generating Voronoi
> regions, but the algorithm (or at least the implementations I have
> seen) are only concerned with finding the edges of the regions, so
> that they can do the Delauney triangulation. I actually want the
> Voronoi regions. So, does anyone know of an implementation that
> gives me the polygons for each region? Or, how do I modify the
> algorithm to generate the regions?

Hi Dave,

you have to work with a DCEL (doubly connectect edge list), then you
will have a data structure that also provides region (i.e. polygon)

All the best,

Ulli Kortenkamp