Topic: Re: Factoring
Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
Jerry Uhl

Re: Factoring

Mathematica does plot implicit functions.

At 10:13 PM -0400 4/13/98, Dave Slomer wrote:
>>> Better Effort #2
>>
>>Until technology can plot implicit functions, you need to complete the
>>square (factoring) to get many functions into y= form.

>Of course, any symbol manipulator worth its salt has no trouble solving
>quadratics for y as 2 functions of x, at which point, we plot both.

Jerry Uhl juhl@ncsa.uiuc.edu
Professor of Mathematics 1409 West Green Street
University of Illinois Urbana,Illinois 61801
Calculus&Mathematica Development Team

Any fool can know. The point is to understand.
------Albert Einstein

http://www-cm.math.uiuc.edu
http://www-cm.math.uiuc.edu/dep