Drexel dragonThe Math ForumDonate to the Math Forum



Search All of the Math Forum:

Views expressed in these public forums are not endorsed by Drexel University or The Math Forum.


Math Forum » Discussions » Courses » ap-calculus

Topic: Re: AP test scoring
Replies: 0  

Advanced Search

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List  
LnMcmullin@aol.com

Posts: 10,730
Registered: 12/3/04
Re: AP test scoring
Posted: May 10, 1998 10:39 AM
  Click to see the message monospaced in plain text Plain Text   Click to reply to this topic Reply

In a message dated 98-05-08 12:10:17 EDT, Donald Danner asks

<<
I am still wondering about the scoring scheme on this years AP test....

Something like this?
Sec I Part A 28 Q (number correct - .25*number wrong) = part A score

Part B 17 Q (number correct - .25*number wrong) = part B score

Section II
9 points for each of the 6 problems. = 54 points

Then what? How would you compute a composite score? How would you weight
the multiple choice parts?
something like this:

(part A) * 25% + (part B)*25% + (free response total) *50% = your score?

>>

No quite. The total part 1 scores (A+B together) is multiplied by 6/5 (=
54/45) so that each half is worth 54 points for a total raw score of 108. The
raw score is then closely analyzed by the Chief Faculty Consultant and the
statisticians at ETS to set the cut points for 5,4,3,2 and 1 so as to be sure
a 4 (or 5 ,3 2 or 1) this years means the same level of achievement as a 4 (or
5 ,3 2 or 1) in past years.

Lin McMullin
Ballston Spa, NY





Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in this topic.

[Privacy Policy] [Terms of Use]

© Drexel University 1994-2014. All Rights Reserved.
The Math Forum is a research and educational enterprise of the Drexel University School of Education.