Topic: Re: Acquisition of calculator
Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
Dennis L. Donovan

Re: Acquisition of calculator

Venture Publishing has a web site at http://www.vent-pub.com/ Both AP
Calculus with the TI-82 and TI-83 are $27.00. They also have an excellent book
to prepare for the exam: Preparing for the AP Calculus (AB) Exam (there is also
a BC version). The AB contains 5 full exams MC and Free Response in the new
format 28/17 for the MC. The BC contains 4 full exams but in the old format
25/15 for the MC (we don't know why). The only drawback is like most of these
you have to buy at least 10. This book really got my students prepared for the
format and style of questions asked on the exam. Last year was my first year
teaching AP after a few years teaching honors, and I believe this book was one
of the reasons my students were very successful on the exam ( one 2, five 3's,
nine 4's, and one 5; 16 total ). I used the preparing book as extra credit on
all our vacations and then I saved one entire exam for a mock AP the last week
before the exam and it worked out well.

Dennis Donovan
Xaverian Brothers High School
Westwood, MA
ddonovan@hawkeye.ultranet.com

P.S. I will be ordering this book for my students in about a month (they pay
for their books). If your school is nearby and can't get an order of 10,
contact me and maybe we can work something out.