Topic: change repeating decimal to a ratio of two integers
Replies: 10   Last Post: Aug 26, 2007 6:50 AM

Re: change repeating decimal to a ratio of two integers

"actuarynrt" <actuarynrt@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Please help.
> I'm stuck on a problem and it's driving me crazy. How do I change
> 2.5656... to a ratio of two integers? I can do it for .123123... and
> 0.1999... but not 2.5656...
> Please help!

See: http://aah.ryan-usa.com/node30.html at the bottom. Don't let the whole
number part through you. Think of the problem as:

2 + .5656...

Convert to an improper fraction when done.