Topic: Differentiation
Replies: 8   Last Post: Sep 17, 2007 6:31 AM

Darrell

Re: Differentiation

"fk378" <glam422@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Oh, I see. Thank you. What's the advantage of writing d/dt over f'(x)?
> Just easier to read or something else?

It depends on the notation. If you were given, or wish to define, the
function f(t)=sin(t) then it makes sense to write f'(t)=cos(t). As you have
it, there never was a function given (much less a function of t, not x) just
an expression.

--
Darrell