Topic: Span(A)=Span(B)
Replies: 3   Last Post: Oct 22, 2007 7:59 PM

jw12jw12jw12@yahoo.com

Re: Span(A)=Span(B)

On Oct 22, 8:14 am, "A.E lover" <aelove...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> A and B are two matrices with the same rank and same size. Is that
> enough to say that span(A)=span(B)? thank you.

When you are asking questions of this type I recommend that you think
of a concrete example. In fact, try to think of a simple concrete
example. For example
A= [1 1 1] --- 1x3 of rank 1
B= [1 2 3] --- 1x3 of rank 1

or

A=[1 1 1]^T --- 3x1 of rank 1
B=[1 2 3]^T --- 3x1 of rank 1

I'm not sure what question you're asking, but whatever question it is
these examples should give you an answer.