Topic: Matlab performance Processor RAM Memory - Prospective Laptop Buyer
Replies: 5   Last Post: Oct 26, 2007 2:36 PM

David B. Chorlian

Re: Matlab performance Processor RAM Memory - Prospective Laptop Buyer

In <ffs8va$20c$1@fred.mathworks.com> "Nicolaie Popescu-Bodorin" <freeseosubmit@yah00.com> writes:

>1. Laptop computers are not specially designed with
>scientific computation in mind.
>2. The time-performance of Matlab code depends on:
>- CPU frequency

This is not accurate, since different processor types
at the same frequency may perform quite differently, as
noted by another poster.

--
David B. Chorlian
Neurodynamics Lab SUNY/HSCB