Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 07:50:44 -0600 (CST)
From: Barbara Garner <b.garner4@verizon.net>
Subject: Focus on Basics on Math
To: numeracy@theworld.com
Sender: numeracy-approval@world.std.com

Fellow numeracy list subscribers,

My name is Barb Garner. I edit the publication "Focus on Basics" (FOB), which was published by NCSALL for 10 years. Now that NCSALL is defunct, not-for-profit World Education is publishing a few issues of FOB. FOB tries to connect research and practice with practical articles about new research, theory, practice and policy in adult basic education and ESOL.

I've joined the list for a very selfish reason. Although we often feature articles on numeracy in "FOB", the last time it was the theme of the entire issue was in 2000 (see it, still relevant, at http://www.ncsall.net/index.php?id=156). We going to do another issue on math. Obviously, you numeracy list members are simultaneously a key audience as well as a source of advice and authors for the issues.

So, let me know what you would like to see in an issue of "Focus on Basics" on math, and who you think should be writing about their work. Thanks for your suggestions.

Yours,
Barb Garner
"Focus on Basics"
Massachusetts