Topic: RE: making math fun-The Number Devil
Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
Jonathan

RE: making math fun-The Number Devil

The quality of the mathematics in the Number Devil is quite high. I have kids read a few chapters, and occasionally use them as jumping off points for classroom discussion.

I sometimes, but not always, draw their attention to some advanced concept he has hinted at or skirted around.

For the project, they write a chapter in the same voice as the book. This is 9th grade, fairly high level, and most take both the math and the writing seriously. They are a pleasure to read.

Jonathan

*