Topic: MATH B - Street Question
Replies: 9   Last Post: Jun 24, 2008 1:03 PM

Jennifer Griffin

RE: MATH B - Street Question
winmail.dat (3.1 K)

For question #33, if they crossed out, I think they still need to state that they understood the domain of the problem x>-2

Jennifer Griffin
Math Teacher
Stissing Mountain High School
Pine Plains Central School District
(518) 398-7181 ext. 221

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nysmathab@mathforum.org on behalf of mathematics226@aol.com
Sent: Thu 6/19/2008 7:31 PM
To: nysmathab@mathforum.org
Subject: MATH B - Street Question

Good day to everyone -

I do not remember what question number it was, but the question about the streets with sides 12 and 10 - it was a similar right triangles question - how does everyone plan on grading it if they decided to do law of sines somehow and get 8 and change as the answer. Would this qualify as a conceptual error for 2 out of the four points?

Also, question 33 - if the students factored out the difference of squares after applying the Quotient Rule, and cancelled out the binomial resulting in eliminating the extraneous root, will you accept that as a complete answer?

Joe Perlman