Topic: RE: IA: Guess on the passing point...
Replies: 6   Last Post: Jun 26, 2008 8:31 AM

Ruzbacki, Steve

RE: IA: Guess on the passing point...

These comments struck a chord deep within me and have prompted me to
post my first-ever comment on this list-serv. I wanted to point out that
every major public policy initiative and direction for the past thirty years
has been STUPID and DESTRUCTIVE and has had broad support from both
political parties which control power in this country. Rather than come to
terms with this, the powers that be have decided they should continue along
the same path we have been on since the corporate takeover of America was
finalized with the "Patriot Act".
I was hoping that entering the field of education might allow me to
make a positive contribution to society while allowing me to support my
family financially in an honorable fashion. I fear instead that my
participation simply makes me complicit in the American
Educational-Industrial Complex, which functions in much the same was as the
military-industrial complex, the prison-industrial complex, and the
medical-industrial complex. The central purpose of all these bureaucracies
is to continue maintain the current oligarchy which controls this country.
I am trying to figure out how to earn a living without directly supporting
the status quo, and am unsure of how to start.
Canada or at least Vermont seems more inviting with each passing
sell-out.

Steve
Ruzbacki

Indian Lake,