Topic: Multifile search
Replies: 2   Last Post: Aug 23, 2008 1:47 AM

ihojnicki@gmail.com

Re: Multifile search

On Aug 22, 2:22 am, Murray Eisenberg <mur...@math.umass.edu> wrote:
> Do you perhaps refer to the Wolfram Notebook Indexer, which is an
> indexing plug-in for Google Desktop?
>
> This utility has been shipping with Mathematica since at least 6.0 and
> perhaps even since 5.2. The Mathematica installer offers to install it
> after the main installation of Mathematica itself. If you didn't
> install it then, you may be able to find it on your installation media.
>
> You can also find the plug-in by browsing to:
>
> http://desktop.google.com/plugins/c/index/search.html
>
> and then searching for it; however the version there is 1.1 beta,
> whereas the one shipped with Mathematica 6 is version 2.
>
> Steve Gray wrote:

> > I thought I saw an announcement of a search utility that would act
> > like Google Desktop but for Mathematica files. I want to find what file
> > references certain symbols without having to go through hundreds of
> > files. I can't recall where I saw this or even if I already have it.
> > Thanks for any tips.

> > Steve Gray
>
> --
> Murray Eisenberg mur...@math.umas=

s.edu
> Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
> Lederle Graduate Research Tower phone 413 549-1020 (H)
> University of Massachusetts 413 545-2859 (=

W)
> 710 North Pleasant Street fax 413 545-1801
> Amherst, MA 01003-9305

You can install it manually by going to the Preferences dialog, System
tab, and clicking on Install Notebook Indexer.

Or you run the installer manually from here: $TopDirectory\SystemFiles
\Search\$SystemID\setup.exe

Ian