Topic: Status of Office Hours in the Distance Learning Environment
Replies: 9   Last Post: Jul 10, 2009 9:18 AM

Seese, Lillian

RE: Status of Office Hours in the Distance Learning Environment

Our contract is 15 teaching hours and 10 on-campus hours. So it makes no difference what or how we teach, we are expected to be on campus for 10 hours to see/e-mail/talk by phone to students.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-mathedcc@mathforum.org [mailto:owner-mathedcc@mathforum.org] On Behalf Of Annette Hawkins
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 10:23 AM
To: mathedcc@mathforum.org
Subject: Status of Office Hours in the Distance Learning Environment

Hi Everyone,

What is the status of Office Hours since we have many courses Online?
Some of the instructors in the Math Department teach Hybrid Classes and
Online classes and have Friday with no classes. The question is:
Should they have to maintain an Office Hour? Look forward to hearing
from you.

Annette D. Hawkins, Ed. D.
Math Department Chair
Wayne Community College
3000 Wayne Memorial Drive
Goldsboro, NC 27534

"The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior
teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." William Arthur Ward

E-?Mail correspondence to and from this sender may be subject to the
North Carolina public records law and may be disclosed to third parties.