Topic: second largest element in a matrix
Replies: 32   Last Post: May 5, 2013 10:31 AM

Bruno Luong

Re: second largest element in a matrix

"Nasser M. Abbasi" wrote in message <km5ave$8ff$1@speranza.aioe.org>...

> I can only go by Mathematics. In Mathematics, a matrix
> is rectangular array. That is what the teacher told us
> in class. I also looked up in many other places.
>
> http://www.thefreedictionary.com/matrix
>
> "a. Mathematics A rectangular array of numeric or algebraic
> quantities subject to mathematical operations.
> b. Something resembling such an array, as in the regular
> formation of elements into columns and rows."
>
> [... a long list that state more or less the same thing]

[ 1 2 3 ] or [1; 2; 3] are a rectangular arrays of numerical numbers, therefore they are matrices. It seems totally coherent with this list of definitions to me.

Bruno

Date Subject Author
9/18/08
Read second largest element in a matrix
Oluwa KuIse
9/19/08
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
stephanie
9/19/08
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Steven Lord
9/19/08
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Oluwa KuIse
9/19/08
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Pekka
9/19/08
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Oluwa KuIse
9/21/08
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Greg Heath
9/24/08
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Walter Roberson
3/4/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Justin
4/6/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Bruno Luong
4/6/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Jos
4/6/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Bruno Luong
4/6/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Bruno Luong
4/6/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
mike zander
4/7/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Bruno Luong
4/7/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Bruno Luong
4/3/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Paul
11/7/12
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
sssbi2009@gmail.com
11/19/12
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
dpb
4/3/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Paul
4/3/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
mike zander
4/3/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
mike zander
4/3/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
mike zander
4/3/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Walter Roberson
4/3/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
mike zander
5/4/13
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
tilindg1@gmail.com
5/4/13
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Nasser Abbasi
5/4/13
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
dpb
5/5/13