Topic: Re: JMAP Resources for 8th Grade Performance Indicators Assessed on
IA and Geometry Regents Exams

Replies: 10   Last Post: Nov 8, 2008 7:34 AM

Prehn, Lynn M.

RE: Geometry Preparedness
att1.html (7.5 K)

I am not sure why your students do not see any geometry topics in eighth grade. There are 22 performance indicators in geometry that are supposed to be covered during that year (about half of them are pre-March and can be tested on the NYS assessment).

There are only about ½ as many geometry P.I.'s required in seventh grade.

I certainly agree that the HS Geometry course is challenging though. Good luck to all this June.

Lynn Prehn

Galway Central School