Topic: fruit and vegetable Recognition
Replies: 6   Last Post: Oct 1, 2013 9:18 AM

ImageAnalyst

Re: fruit and vegetable Recognition

On Nov 19, 9:27 am, "Moi Toi" wrote:
> Dear all,
> i am a final year student of engineering doing my project on image processsing which is "fruit and vegetable Recognition ".
> so if any body has a code related to this can he, please , forward it to me as soon as possible....
> Or if someone have time to help me, i'll really appreciate it
> thanks

Moi Toi:
You have to find "descriptors" for fruits and vegetables, such as
color, shape, size, or texture. Unfortunately you won't find that all
fruits have one set of descriptors and all vegetables have another,
not to mention the issue Walter brought up. Do you need to
distinguish fruits from vegetables? Or can you just find ANY fruits
OR vegetables in an image (in which case maybe you can just look for
brightly colored object in an otherwise drab scene). You really need
to give more info, such as a description of the scene. For example,
do you have orange and yellow objects lying on a gray sheet? Or do
you have real living oranges and plastic oranges both mixed up in a
bowl on a table with an orange table cloth, and you need to find the
real oranges only? It's impossible to give you any code. As an
unbreakable rule, I never develop image analysis algorithms without
images to test them on!

Maybe you'd like to start with John D'Errico's color classifier code
on the user file exchange - might be a good starting point anyway.
Regards,
ImageAnalyst