Topic: JSH: Simplest explanation, Occam's Razor unleashed
Replies: 32   Last Post: Jan 2, 2009 11:55 AM

Nat Silver

Re: Simplest explanation, Occam's Razor unleashed

JSH wrote:

> But if some Ph.D's scared of losing some math beliefs and their
> precious notion that the mathematical field is immune to upheavals
> bitch and moan for years against it, you believe them, and screw the
> complex plane.
>
> Simplest explanation.

The simplest explanation is that you're wrong.
After all, how many people agree with you?
Maybe less than 5 and that's being generous.

> None of you have the spines for the situation. You all lack the balls
> to confront a massive failure by your freaking colleagues.

You lack the courage to give up tilting at windmills.
At the end of his life, even Don Quixote faced reality.

> They failed. Get over it. For a hundred years plus a nasty little
> bug lurked in modern number theory in "pure mathematics" and no one
> knew because none of their math applied to anything in the real world.

> And I figured it out and these turds proceeded to do their best to
> punish me for it.

Get a clue. Nobody cares about your incorrect math analysis.

> Because I yanked away their baby blanket. Took away their fantasy.
>
> Destroyed their little bubble.

delusions of grandeur

> Do you know how much the Abel Prize is?
>
> Over a million dollars U.S. given every year to someone who probably
> did not succeed at anything at all.
>
> Lying for a million bucks isn't noble, or academic survival in the
> real world: it's just being a con artist.

It's too bad for you that nobody pays trolls.

Date Subject Author
12/29/08
Read JSH: Simplest explanation, Occam's Razor unleashed
jstevh@gmail.com
12/29/08
Read Re: JSH: Simplest explanation, Occam's Razor unleashed
Brian Q. Hutchings
12/29/08
Read Re: Simplest explanation, Occam's Razor unleashed
Nat Silver
12/29/08
Read Re: JSH: Simplest explanation, Occam's Razor unleashed
marcus_b
12/30/08
Read Re: Simplest explanation, Occam's Razor unleashed
jstevh@gmail.com
12/30/08
Read Re: JSH: Simplest explanation, Occam's Razor unleashed
hagman
12/30/08
Read Re: JSH: Simplest explanation, Occam's Razor unleashed
David C. Ullrich
1/2/09
Read Re: JSH: Simplest explanation, Occam's Razor unleashed
Michael Press
1/2/09
Read Re: JSH: Simplest explanation, Occam's Razor unleashed
jstevh@gmail.com
1/2/09
Read Re: JSH: Simplest explanation, Occam's Razor unleashed
Little P
12/30/08
Read Re: Simplest explanation, Occam's Razor unleashed
Mike Terry
12/30/08
Read Re:JSH: Simplest explanation, Occam's Razor unleashed
local host
12/30/08
Read Re: JSH: Simplest explanation, Occam's Razor unleashed
W. Dale Hall
12/30/08
Read Re: JSH: Simplest explanation, Occam's Razor unleashed
Tim Smith
12/30/08
Read Re: JSH: Simplest explanation, Occam's Razor unleashed
mensanator
12/30/08
Read Re: JSH: Simplest explanation, Occam's Razor unleashed
mensanator
12/30/08
Read Re: JSH: Simplest explanation, Occam's Razor unleashed
W. Dale Hall
12/30/08
Read Re: JSH: Simplest explanation, Occam's Razor unleashed
Tim Smith
12/30/08
Read Re: JSH: Simplest explanation, Occam's Razor unleashed
marcus_b
12/30/08
Read Re: JSH: Simplest explanation, Occam's Razor unleashed
Enrico
12/30/08
Read Re: JSH: Simplest explanation, Occam's Razor unleashed
marcus_b
12/30/08
Read Re: JSH: Simplest explanation, Occam's Razor unleashed
jstevh@gmail.com
12/30/08
Read Re: JSH: Simplest explanation, Occam's Razor unleashed
jstevh@gmail.com
12/31/08
Read Re: JSH: Simplest explanation, Occam's Razor unleashed
W. Dale Hall
12/30/08
Read Re: JSH: Simplest explanation, Occam's Razor unleashed
Enrico
12/30/08
Read Re: JSH: Simplest explanation, Occam's Razor unleashed
jstevh@gmail.com
1/1/09
Read Re: JSH: Simplest explanation, Occam's Razor unleashed
Tim Smith
12/31/08
Read Re: JSH: Simplest explanation, Occam's Razor unleashed
David Canzi
12/31/08
willo_thewisp@hotmail.com