Topic: Pivot point for two bodies
Replies: 2   Last Post: Jan 9, 2009 7:42 PM

Dave Rudolf

Re: Pivot point for two bodies

On Jan 9, 4:04 pm, Matt <matt271829-n...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> This is a *horrible* and inefficient method requiring nine sets of
> measurements which I'm posting only because there have been no other
> suggestions. It appears to work with simulated data but I don't know
> how stable it would be in a real-world application.

Ya, getting nine measurements won't be a problem. We typically have
hundreds or even thousands of frames of information. However, I also
worry about how this method will stand up to noise. Our feature
locations can be noisy, so I don't expect an exact solution will come
out the way we want it to. But, thanks for the idea.