Topic: Automatic Numbering in Mathematica
Replies: 8   Last Post: Mar 3, 2012 6:59 AM

deepyogurt@gmail.com

Re: Automatic Numbering in Mathematica

On Feb 2, 3:02 am, "Kevin J. McCann" <Kevin.McC...@umbc.edu> wrote:
> On 2/1/2012 3:55 AM, pabloaperezfernan...@gmail.com wrote:> If you have figured out how to do this, I would appreciate learning about it. I cannot figure out how to set custom equation numbers/labels.
>
> This is taken from my style sheet for a cell typeNumberedEquation. The
> key entries for numbering are the CellFrameLabels and CounterIncrements.
> The latter designates a counter name so more than one type of numbered
> object can have its own numbering. I should also say that I am not an
> expert on this.
>
> Sadly, Wolfram has still, after many many years and requests, not
> provided adequate documentation for StyleSheet's. Perhaps someone at
> Wolfram who reads this could explain why.
>
> Kevin

Kevin,

Thanks so much for this NumberedEquation style. I was trying to use
the EquationNumbered in Mathematica and it would break and do weird
things and I got tired of trying to figure out what the problem was.
Your's works fine. Thanks so much!!!

This way of doing equation numbering is easier than David Park's
Presentations package (just using styles instead of several other
Mathematica functions) but Park's way has advantages as it "remembers"
equations and associates them with names that can be invoked without
using tags. More work but more versatile.

-Bob