The Math Forum

Topic: NCTM's Fax-on Demand starting up
Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
Judith E. Jacobs

NCTM's Fax-on Demand starting up

AMTE members may be interested in this new NCTM service

Judith

>Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 16:10:43 -0800 (PST)
>Date-warning: Date header was inserted by clstac.is.csupomona.edu
>From: jprice@csupomona.edu (Jack Price)
>Subject: Fax-on Demand starting up
>To: price@chapman.edu, jejacobs@clstac.is.csupomona.edu,
> isfoster@clstac.is.csupomona.edu
>

>>Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 18:52:47 -0500
>>From: LINDA ROSEN <lrosen@nctm.org>
>>Subject: Fax-on Demand starting up
>>Sender: owner-bod@math.nctm.org
>>To: bod@math.nctm.org
>>
>>With Virginia William's permission, I am forwarding to you a message that she
>>sent to the entire staff.
>>********************
>>At 12:01 eastern time this morning, Tuesday, 1 October, NCTM's
>>Fax-on-Demand Service Center became operational. To all of you who
>>helped make the debut possible ? please forgive me for not being more
>>specific about the tasks many of you performed ? I reiterate the last
>>sentences of Marilyn's recent e-mail message about the Toyota TIME
>>Grant project, "Thank you all. You are a wonderful team!!"
>>
>>A nine-member task force was at the vanguard of the fax-on-demand
>>team effort. This is a public "thank you" to the task force members for
>>the many hours they spent in planning meetings and in carrying out
>>numerous assignments. Anne Sheridan, Barbara Thode, Charles
>>Clements, Holly Baker, Sergio Flores, Sue Allen, Tom Pearson, Mark
>>Turgeon, and I comprised the task force. A lot of collaborative effort,
>>creative thinking, and creative problem solving went into the project.
>>(Mark, our techie, especially did quite a bit of creative problem solving.)
>>All of the task force members agreed that we were enriched by our
>>experiences with this project (e.g., we gained a broader and more
>>indepth knowledge of the overall Headquarters operations and we
>>became more sensitive to how others might perceive any grouping of
>>English language words.) (-:
>>
>>Following is a list of the documents that will be available from the NCTM
>>Fax-on-Demand Service Center, together with the "key" to the document
>>numbering system. We request that each staff member become familiar
>>with the fax-on-demand documents and, whenever possible, please
>>inform our constituents about the Fax-on-Demand Service Center,
>>suggesting they they use the system. Remember that faxes can be
>>requested from our automated system 24 hours a day, toll-free,
>>(800-220-8483) by callers in the U.S., its territories, and Canada.
>>PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD. Callers with access to a fax machine can
>>request a faxed list of all available documents in our fax-on-demand
>>system; that document number is 999. Our Web site will also have
>>information about the available fax-on-demand documents.
>>
>>In addition to the the listing below, the key and document list is in the
>>Common Directory (I Drive) with the file name FoD. wpd.
>>
>>Please notify any task force member about any problems; all comments
>>and suggestions for improvement will be appreciated. Today's debut is
> [...]

Judith E. Jacobs, Director
Center for Education and Equity in Mathematics, Science, and Technology
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
3801 West Temple Ave.
Pomona, CA 91768
phone: 909-869-3473 fax: 909-869-4616 email: jejacobs@csupomona.edu