Topic: Log[x]//TraditionalForm
Replies: 29   Last Post: Feb 16, 2009 4:39 PM

talmanl@mscd.edu

Re: Log[]//TraditionalForm

It never fails to amaze me how dogmatic some people can be about the
conventions of notation.

Or how hard it is for some people to notice a tongue planted firmly
in a cheek.

On Feb 11, 2009, at 3:16 AM, slawek wrote:

> U=BFytkownik "Lou Talman" <talmanl@mscd.edu> napisa=B3 w wiadomo=B6ci

>> The notational distinction between "ln" and "log" makes sense for
>> engineers who must use both natural logarithms and common
>> logarithms. But in advanced mathematics there is only one logarithm.

> False. The ln/log/alog was introduced when base ten logarithms was
> applied
> to calculation like:

--Lou Talman
Metropolitan State College of Denver