Topic: Re: Time for Moderation
Replies: 1   Last Post: Aug 1, 2000 12:09 AM

me@talmanl1.mscd.edu

Re: Time for Moderation

Victor Steinbok wrote:

> Finally, one area that has not been brought up yet in this less than
> stimulating discussion is the issue of teaching time. Is administering
> standardized test--most of which provide no individual diagnostic
> value--a valuable use of time that could otherwise be spent on
> teaching and more personalized assessment?

Thank you, Victor. I've been politely waiting for someone to bring this
up. But you forgot to mention the significant amount of time wasted on
teaching kids how to take The Test instead of teaching more valuable
subject matter.

--Lou Talman