> Date: Sun, 25 Feb 1996 06:33:47 -0800
> From: ncss@ix.netcom.com (Jerry Hintze)
> Subject: Free Software
> To: apstat-l@etc.bc.ca
>
> To all,
>
> I now have available a demo version of the NCSS statistical system for
> downloading. It is completely functional with no limitations in the
> procedures that it does. These include t-test, one-way anova, multiple
> regression, cross tabs, nonparametrics, proportions, descriptive
> statistics, histograms, box plots, probability plots, and scatter
> plots. My hope is that some of you will be able to use this in your AP
> course.
>
> Download at www.ncss.com
>
> Jerry Hintze, NCSS@IX.NETCOM.COM

I just downloaded the Windows version and it is pretty awesome. Just
ask for basic stats on a single variable and you get enough output
that you could spend the rest of the year just explaining what it all
means. While this makes for a great demo of NCSS, it might be
overwhelming for students. I found you can "turn off" most of the
output and just get very basic stuff. You can then save your
output choices. (If you don't, they go away when you quit.)

--

_
| | Robert W. Hayden
| | Department of Mathematics