Topic: Forwarded to the list
Replies: 1   Last Post: Aug 29, 1996 6:02 PM

Jim Swift

Forwarded to the list

>Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 18:55:57 -0700 (PDT)
>From: owner-apstat-l@cln.etc.bc.ca
>To: owner-apstat-l@cln.etc.bc.ca
>Subject: BOUNCE apstat-l: Admin request
>
>From apstat-l-owner Wed Aug 28 18:55:55 1996

cln.etc.bc.ca (8.7.5/8.7.3) with SMTP id SAA10389 for <apstat-l@etc.bc.ca>;
Wed, 28 Aug 1996 18:55:53 -0700 (PDT)

apstat-l@etc.bc.ca; Wed, 28 Aug 1996 21:55:12 -0400
>Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1996 21:55:12 -0400
>To: apstat-l@etc.bc.ca
>Subject: Minitab
>
>(Forgive me if this is coming to you a second time. I don't think it made it
>out the first time I tried to send it.)
>
>Help!!
>
>I'm using Minitab for my Statistics classes, and I was trying to do something
>last night and got stuck. I have a list of data in column C1 and their
>corresponding frequencies in column C2. I want to do descriptive statistics
>on it, and I can't figure out how to tell Minitab that the frequencies are in
>C2. All it will do is give me the statistics on C1, without using their
>frequencies. I know that I'm probably being pretty thick headed and there is
>something obvious that I'm missing, but I don't know what to do. I've read
>the books and manuals that I have, and they don't seem to help. I'd also
>like to make a normal probability chart of the data, and it isn't doing that
>either. If it makes a difference, I'm using the student edition.
>
>Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? You'll have my eternal gratitude.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Bill Roloff
>Lake Park HS
>Roselle, IL

Jim Swift Haraka,
Computer Coordinator, SD70 (Alberni) haraka,
4690 Roger St, Port Alberni, BC V9Y 3Z4 hyini
(604)723-3565 (W) (604)723-4266 (Fax) Baraka