Topic: Phasing out Math B
Replies: 11   Last Post: Jun 12, 2009 3:20 PM

Kevin Connolly

From: Elmira, NY
Registered: 4/6/05
RE: Phasing out Math B
att1.html (11.0 K)

we did this for the math A. students took both on the last day and we had two students get through the math a and fail the integrated. You could argue that this is not the best method and it's probably not but, the students are now on track for graduation,. don't have to take a course with a majority of freshmen in the room etc.

It can work

Kevin Connolly
Math Teacher
Elmira Free Academy
933 Hoffman Street
Elmira, NY 14905
(607) 735-3101
kconnolly@elmiracityschools.com

________________________________

From: KQuattrone@alli.wnyric.org
Sent by: owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org
Date: 06/11/2009 10:34AM

I can't understand why anyone would want to stay with Math B. Math A &
Math B were the biggest disaster ever in NYS Mathematics.

Tonia Phippen
<tphippen@bmcsd.o
rg> To
Sent by: nyshsmath@mathforum.org
owner-nyshsmath@m cc
athforum.org
Subject
Re: Phasing out Math B
06/11/2009 09:22
AM

Please respond to
nyshsmath@mathfor
um.org

I'm deciding currently whether to switch to Alg. 2 & Trig or give the Math
B once more in June 2010. Is there anyone else with this dilemma?

I think that we will just offer review sessions to students that do not
pass in June 2010(if we choose to give the Math B). Our school doesn't have
the regents as a pre-requisite for pre-calculus so most students interested
in the advanced regents diploma would probably enter pre-calculus and
prepare with me to take the new exam in January.
*

BEGIN-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS

Spam:
http://milton1.wnyric.org/canit/b.php?i=194809162&m=206ea4a46da2&c=s
Not spam:
http://milton1.wnyric.org/canit/b.php?i=194809162&m=206ea4a46da2&c=n
Forget vote:
http://milton1.wnyric.org/canit/b.php?i=194809162&m=206ea4a46da2&c=f
*

BEGIN-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS

Spam: http://milton1.wnyric.org/canit/b.php?i=194824079&m=a5e0bed1a139&c=s
Not spam: http://milton1.wnyric.org/canit/b.php?i=194824079&m=a5e0bed1a139&c=n
Forget vote: http://milton1.wnyric.org/canit/b.php?i=194824079&m=a5e0bed1a139&c=f
END-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS

******************************************************************* * To unsubscribe from this mailing list, email the message * "unsubscribe nyshsmath" to majordomo@mathforum.org * * Read prior posts and download attachments from the web archives at * http://mathforum.org/kb/forum.jspa?forumIDg1 *******************************************************************