Subject: Re: stem-and-leaf plots
Author: Jon Cryer <jcryer@stat.uiowa.edu> at EDU-INTERNET
Date: 9/3/97 11:44 AM

At 06:31 PM 9/2/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Is there a way to display two stem-and-leaf plots side-by-side using
>MiniTab? My text (McClave & Dietrich) has an exercise that shows MiniTab
>output in this way, but I can't seem to duplicate it. I called tech
>support, but they didn't know either. Thanks.
>Mary Harrison
>Salem High School
>Va. Beach, Va.

You can do it using the BY option for the stem-and-leaf. You will have to have
the data stacked in one column with a second variable that keeps track of the
two (or more) groups.

Hope this helps.

_____________
------------------------------------------------- |
\
Jon Cryer jcryer@stat.uiowa.edu (
)
Department of Statistics http://www.stat.uiowa.edu\ \_
University
and Actuarial Science office 319-335-0819 \ *
\ of Iowa
The University of Iowa dept. 319-335-0706 \
/ Hawkeyes
Iowa City, IA 52242 FAX 319-335-3017