Topic: How to prove that angle in a Circle is 2 Pi Rads ?
Replies: 11   Last Post: Jun 8, 2009 9:23 AM

Cobra

Re: How to prove that angle in a Circle is 2 Pi Rads ?

On Jun 4, 12:43 pm, calvin <cri...@windstream.net> wrote:
> On Jun 4, 3:21 pm, "[Mr.] Lynn Kurtz" <ku...@asu.edu.invalid> wrote:
>

> > On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 11:27:09 -0700 (PDT), Nimo <azeez...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> > >How to prove or assume or conclude or axiomate that
> > >angle in a circle is 2*Pi Rads or 360 degrees.

> > Definition: One radian is the measure of a central angle that subtends
> > an arc of length 1 on the unit circle.

> It looks more like the question being asked is how
> to derive the value of pi.  Otherwise it's a trivial
> question.

Trivial...., what & why ?

> I've often wondered how the ancients were able to
> find the value of pi so precisely as to know that
> it is not rational.  Of course they could easily
> find the value of pi for all practical purposes,
> but that's a different problem.

my question was..,

How to prove that "angle" in a 'circle' is *360degrees*?

greetings
nimo

________

I was amazed that cats had holes cut into their fur
precisely in those places where they had eyes.?

Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
(1742?1799)