Topic: How to prove that angle in a Circle is 2 Pi Rads ?
Replies: 11   Last Post: Jun 8, 2009 9:23 AM

Cobra

Re: How to prove that angle in a Circle is 2 Pi Rads ?

On Jun 4, 3:26 pm, don <tecum...@nc.rr.com> wrote:
> The circumference of a circle equals 2 pi times the radius. This means that if you divide the circumference by the radius you will get 2 pi. Use the definition of a radian and you see that there are 2 pi radians in a circle (circumference). Therefore, 2 pi radians are equal to 360 degrees.
>
>    Let me know if you think this is a good enough proof for what you asked.
>
>       Good question.

that's very clear.

but mine question is..,

Is the concept of angle in a Circle(i.e.360degrees)is an *Axiom*?

like Lynn Kurtz sir had said in his first reply :-(

greetings
nimo
________
The introduction of numbers as coordinates [...] is an act of violence
[...]

HermannWey Weyl