Topic: alert a breakpoint was used
Replies: 2   Last Post: Jun 14, 2009 5:12 AM

Alex Berkovich

Re: alert a breakpoint was used

"Steven Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in message <h0r264$m9$1@fred.mathworks.com>...

> "Alex Berkovich" <alexber@tx.technion> wrote in message

> > Hello,
> >
> > Is there a way to alert you stopped at a breakpoint, and possibly
> > continued manually?
> > Meaning I wish there was a flag that will be raised if we stopped in a
> > breakpoint and now in keyboard mode.

> Other than the fact that the command prompt has changed to be K>> instead of

> >>?
>
> > The requested functionality is in a GUI.
> >
> > For example, if someone placed a breakpoint at line 12, stopped there and
> > possibly continued manually, I wish a flag to be raised. If they didn't
> > stop at this breakpoint, though it may exist, the flag should be down.

> Why are you looking for this functionality? What would you do with this
> information if you could obtain it? I'm just trying to understand your use
> case.
>
> --
> Steve Lord
> slord@mathworks.com

Hi,

If I use the command 'close all' in a GUI, and I had stopped somewhere in the code, the GUI itself will be closed.
If I knew I stopped somewhere I could disable the close all functiionality to avoid closing the GIU by mistake.
Clearly I can simply keep a handle for every figure I open and then close them one by one but I was wondering if there was some other way.

Thanks a lot!