Topic: hyperbola from radius and eccentricity
Replies: 4   Last Post: Jul 29, 2009 1:26 AM

Fabian

Re: hyperbola from radius and eccentricity

TideMan <mulgor@gmail.com> wrote in message <427d2dc2-33bf-4b86-81dc-df7f4f448869@o9g2000prg.googlegroups.com>...
> On Jul 29, 12:58?pm, "Fabian" <fabian.con...@gmx.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'm trying to write a matlab routine which creates a hyperbola which is defined by r (radius at apex) and p (1-e^2) rather than by a and b. Can anyone help please?
> > thanks loads!

> So, what is the math behind this?
> Or do you expect us to figure out the math as well as the Matlab code?

sorry everyone and TideMan,
the math behind it are the standard hyperbolic equations, I guess my problem is really more the math rather than the matlab code, should have made that one clear. Would someone still be able to help me?