Topic: independence
Replies: 2   Last Post: Dec 14, 1999 2:56 PM

Pat Ballew

RE: independence

Pick a card from a standard deck, let A = heart Let B= king

P(A&B)= P(A)*P(B)

P(A|B)= P(A) and P(B|A) = P(A)

hope that helps

Pat Ballew,
Misawa, Jp

"Statistics means never having to say you're certain."

Math Words & Other Words
http://www.geocities.com/paris/rue/1861/etyindex.html

The Mathboy's page http://www.geocities.com/paris/rue/1861