Topic: convert mwsize * to int *
Replies: 10   Last Post: Jan 8, 2013 2:37 AM

James Tursa

Re: convert mwsize * to int *

"Thomas Meinguet" <thomas.meinguet@skynet.be> wrote in message <kcgfbp$v9$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Thank you James.
>
> To prevent any cast issue at no operational cost I suggest to check, for sparse martices, whether nnz <= INT_MAX which in turn implies n < INT_MAX.

This will not work. nnz simply tells you how many non-zeros there are ... it doesn't tell you anything about their values, and it is their values that your are interested in. You could have nnz = 1 and at the same time that one index value could overflow an int.

James Tursa