Topic: copying and pasting to SmartBoard
Replies: 29   Last Post: Sep 30, 2009 9:46 AM

slehmann@hamiltoncentral.org

Re: copying and pasting to SmartBoard
att1.html (10.0 K)

I have been using a smartboard for three years and absolutely LOVE it. I
can't imagine teaching without it! My students are much more engaged,
more eager to participate, and I can cover content faster!

>>> "Theresa Rice" 09/27/09 2:21 PM >>>
.hmmessage P {PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px;
PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px}BODY.hmmessage {FONT-FAMILY:
Verdana; FONT-SIZE: 10pt}I honestly don't mind the fact that I have to
"cut and Paste" mathtype. I would however, absolutely reccomend buying
a smartboard because of the impact it has had on my students. When you
build interactive pieces into a smartboard lesson, it has a huge impact
on students. I asked all of my students to fill out a form before the
school year started which included the question "What do you want me to
know about you? Several of my students answered that they preferred to
not be called on and that they only wanted to work alone, not in pairs
or groups. Since they started the year, these students are the first
ones to volunteer answers or to come up to the board and engage in an
activity. I have never heard a single student tell me he/she would
rather have a worksheet or quided notes.