Topic: Placing images in the coordinate system?
Replies: 1   Last Post: Oct 5, 2009 7:38 AM

King, Peter R

Re: Placing images in the coordinate system?

I had a similar questin for v 6 where I want to be able to rescale the image & graphic interactively.

I have a bitmap image (.bmp file) - call it pict - that I wish to use as the background for some graphics. I do this with

Graphics[Table[Point[{x, 50 Sin[2 \[Pi] x/100]}], {x, 0, 100}], Prolog -> Inset[pict]]

(the actual graphics is more complicated than a sine curve but never mind).

Now if I just display the graphics by typing pict I can rescale this by clicking on the image and dragging the corners of the orange box. However when I overlay the graphics onto the image (as above) and try to drag the box it rescales the plot but not the background image. Is there any way I can link the two together so I can rescale by dragging the cursor? I tried GraphcsGrouping but that didn't get me anywhere.