Topic: Transfer function (tf) with sqrt function.
Replies: 2   Last Post: Nov 18, 2009 11:25 AM

joe

Re: Transfer function (tf) with sqrt function.

"Aleks Dyskin" <aleks.dyskin@gmail.com> wrote in message <he14qa$5fm$1@fred.mathworks.com>...
> Hi!
> I have an analytic function f=sqrt(1+s)
> And i want to turn it to the transfer function by the next code:
> s=tf('s')
> sys=sqrt(1+s)
>
> But Matlab says:
> Undefined function or method 'sqrt' for input arguments of type 'tf'
> Could somebody help me with this issue? What should I do to overcome it?
> Thanks!

Hi
the function Sqrt(value)= (value) power 1/2=value^1/2....
The tf need the interger value in power to make your system. I think you cann?t give up something like that ...

joe