Topic: topological filter
Replies: 5   Last Post: Jan 20, 2010 6:06 AM

maniacWaltz

Re: topological filter

ImageAnalyst <imageanalyst@mailinator.com> wrote in message <c2d7c1c3-1b1a-435a-be0f-22ae62032d09@u41g2000yqe.googlegroups.com>...
> Joseph :
> Yes. You can look at the Euler Number of the object. This is
> returned from regionprops() in the image processing toolbox.
> Basically the process is this (for almost all image processing
> applications:
> 1. threshold image to binarize it
> 2. connected components labeling, using bwlabel() or bwconncomp()
> 3. regionprops(), to make the measurements
>
> Here is the definition of Euler Number:
> 'EulerNumber' &#8212; Scalar that specifies the number of objects in the
> region minus the number of holes in those objects. This property is
> supported only for 2-D input label matrices. regionprops uses 8-
> connectivity to compute the EulerNumber measurement.
>
> My demo at http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/25157
> will help you to do the measurement.

Hi, continue on this project... My study objects are the diameters of bubbles taken by CCD. Using 1)binarization +2)bwlabel + 3)regionprops I can manage to get all ring shapes bubbles. However, Other bubbles are in U shapes after binarization because of their initial blur boundaries, I wonder if I can use the scale invariant moments to differentiate the U shape and loaf shape objects both of their eular number =1..?? Could you give me some suggestions? Thanks in advance...