Topic: site for the alternatives to the state exams
Replies: 2   Last Post: Jan 22, 2010 1:55 PM

Kevin Connolly

From: Elmira, NY
Registered: 4/6/05
RE: site for the alternatives to the state exams
att1.html (2.7 K)

I was told on two separate occasions from state ed that the In. Alg. Geometry and Math B sequence would not qualify a student to receive an advanced designation. We are on a block schedule and it has hindered our scheduling this semester. By implementing the new math tests in a timely fashion we have limited math opportunities for students because that Alg II/ Trig test is not available in January. It is too bad that state ed. does not take block scheduling into consideration when setting up these rules.

Kevin M. Connolly
Math teacher - Elmira Free Academy
951 Hoffman Street
Elmira, NY 14905